What is “Kambi Amani?" In Swahili it means “Camp Peace” and this is also the name of SOHK's endeavor into becoming self-sustaining and giving back to the community. We're located in a beautiful and peaceful area just outside of Nakuru. We have a clifftop view of the whole Nakuru area including Lake Nakuru.
We are now open and taking reservations. We have three beautiful deluxe tents ready for you right now - perfect for a weekend away or your stay in Nakuru to see all of the incredible sites in our area.
Deluxe tents - 4000 ksh per person per night.
B&B Deluxe Tents - 5000 ksh per person per night.
Bring your own tent - 500 ksh Per person per night.
Check in is after 12:00 PM.
Check out is at 10:00 AM.
We purchase our food for our menus daily so that all food is fresh We have a full menu. We can arrange all meals before arrival.
For Reservations you can email us at: email@example.com
The proceeds for this Kambi Amani go towards our children at SOHK and at risk youth and the community in the following ways:
- Creating jobs for our former street children and orphans through training and through tourism and hospitality.
- Serving the local community through this endeavor through employment opportunities
- Revenue from this project will go to the future education of our children
- By building a basic camping and luxury camping experience for tourist and missionaries. This in turn will bring awareness to SOHK and the orphans of Kenya, and the beautiful natural environment of Kenya.
- SOHK will use the camp in down times for locals to rent for weddings, company retreats and other events. This will ensure we are able to raise funds year round and not just in high seasons.
At Kambi Amani we have beautiful restrooms & shower rooms, dining and sitting areas, kitchen, a barbeque and a beautiful patio area with a firepit. The camp also has an solar powered electric security surrounding the whole property. Best of all we have beautiful quaint tents and a spectacular view of the whole Nakuru area. We are very excited!
We are still in need of your help! We are open but still need to continue to raise funds for more tents, and furnishings for them. We need two to three ensuite luxury tents, storage area, lobby and eventually a pool so we can bring in more income for our children at SOHK. The goal is 100,000 USD.
For More information Please contact us below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org